Friday, October 12, 2007

A Chance Encounter

While waiting for the airtaxt to return with my comrades, I decided to look around the place a bit. Unfortunately, as soon as I started walking, Spider-woman called after me, "Should you be going anywhere? You'll get lost!" Her voice was starting to grate on my nerves... "I'll be fine!" I called back, without turning around. Anything to get away from her for a bit...



As I wandered, I looked at all the various aliens, and still, for some reason, I felt out of place. Maybe if I had brought some normal clothes, I wouldn't have felt so odd, but a full-body spandex jumpsuit was weird even here. Lost in my thoughts, I wandered throughout the building, not caring if I got lost or not. My spidey senses warned I was about to run into something, but there was no way I could've moved in time. I crashed right into someone, sending their book-like devices scattering all over the floor. "Sorry about that," I muttered sheepishly. I crouched and began to collect the devices. Handing them back to the person I knocked down, I saw she was offering her hand for a handshake.


(to be continued)