Monday, August 20, 2007

On the Road Again... Well, sorta

After re-assembling the holo-map, Spider-woman and I put it firmly down on the sidewalk away from where most of the bustle was. Luckily, through all the trouble, she remembered where the "on" button was, and soon, miniature, glowing blue buildings filled the air between us.

Surprisingly, no one was blinded this time...

"Now, which one's the Senate Building?" I asked, arms crossed in confusion.

Spider-woman leaned over the control panel and pushed a few buttons. Before I could stop her, one of the semi-transparent buildings glowed yellow. In the glow of the holo-map, I noticed a prominent smirk on her face.

"I-I would've figured it out eventually..."

"Sure you would've," she replied, and I think I heard a trace of sarcasm somewhere... "Actually, I was the one briefed on how to use it, so I think I had an advantage."

"S-sure, I mean, no one bothered to tell me anything about it. And anyways, how do we know how to get there," I poked a finger in the glowing building, "When we don't even know where we ARE?"

"Simple," she said, leaning back over the console. Suddenly a blinking light burst to life, and within seconds, a big yellow dot began glowing by one of the blue buildings.

Oh.

I studied the map for a few minutes, and when I was fairly sure which way to go, I had Spider-woman pack it up. Soon, we were flying through the air again.

10 comments:

Phobia said...

Jeez you think she could be at least a little considerate.. She's a tad stuck up if you ask me

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Doesn't play well with others is the phrase that comes to mind here..

Catia Ravenstone said...

When I finally get to rearrange her face I'll make sure to put her eyes too close together.. Cosmetic girls..they can't stand it.. * mutters* damn stuck up ***** she needs to learn her place.

Spider-man said...

Normally, I'd be all for that, but do you know how hard it is to alter suits made of spandex? If her eyes were closer, she'd have to redo her mask completely!

Unknown said...

ha, godfrey

Skywalker said...

but do you know how hard it is to alter suits made of spandex?



Uh, no, do I need to? lol!

Phobia said...

You might.. oh and Anakin, , I'd say roller blades too.. to outrun your fangirls

Catia Ravenstone said...

Here's a better idea.. I knock her out.. dye my hair and take her place.. And do I look like I really give a heck about her mask? all the more evil if ya ask me! *grins*

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You wouldn't understand my, Doty. I'm a loner, a rebel.

Flik Sivrak said...

You're finally getting somewhere...